Krystal 2600 is 4th generation water-resisting and hydrophobic crystalline waterprooﬁng admixture for designing a water-tight concrete both below and above the grade application. Krystal 2600 (crystalline waterprooﬁng) ensures permanent impermeability of concrete and is used in place of surface applied waterprooﬁng membranes for improved durability and longevity of concrete.
- It is a Permeability Reducing Admixture for Hydrostatic Conditions (PRAH), thereby protecting the concrete against negative and positive water pressure
- Improvement of the resistance to freeze/thaw
- Reduces repair and maintenance costs
- Reduces permeability of the concrete.
- Helps to increase the compressive strength of concrete.
- Unlike coatings, Krystal 2600 when added to concrete during mixing becomes an integral part of the concrete for optimum performance
- Self-seals penetrating cracks up to 0.4mm and hairline cracks up to 0.5mm (0.02in.)
- Protects concrete against chemical attack and corrosion of reinforcing steel.
- Reduced concrete shrinkage and cracking.
- Excellent resistance to waterborne chemicals.
- Protection against sewage and industrial wastes.
Krystal 2600 can be applied to all concrete where water penetration should be permanently prevented such as Foundations, Sewage treatment plants, Tunnels, and subway systems, Underground structures, Dams, Pre-cast structures, Swimming pools, and reservoirs, Plastering of exterior walls, Bridge decks, columns beams, Roof and podium slabs and any other areas where high hydrostatic pressure is present.